Redlands Water and Power Company (RW&PC), originally founded in 1905 as Redlands Irrigation & Power Company in Grand Junction, is seeking to fill the position of Full-Time Ditch Rider.
RW&PC supplies irrigation water to the area of the Grand Valley known as the Redlands, servicing about 6,000 shares of water stock over 4,500 acres of land in the Redlands area of western Colorado. RW&PC is committed to delivering irrigation water and clean hydro-power electricity for a greener environment.
The ideal candidate produces proficient knowledge of all aspects of basic water flow or irrigation, ability to maintain the integrity of the canals and infrastructure using a variety of equipment and tools while continually being hands-on applying good work ethics. They would be a self-starter and team player with basic construction knowledge in concrete, piping, electrical, carpentry and light or heavy equipment operating, and reliable to respond to emergency callouts during off-hour shift if needed. The Ditch Rider participates in the day-to-day operations of their assigned projects and responsibilities for the water delivery systems and electronic record keeping duties accurately entering data into the irrigation GIS software program as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications, from $17.00 to $20.00 per hour.
• Vacation Pay (after 1-Yr. ).
• 7 Paid Holidays (6 fixed and 1 Floating).
• Company medical insurance premium for employee 100% paid (additional insurance for their dependents may be available at cost to employee).
• Retirement 401(k) plan with company contribution match up to 5% once eligible.
• Special wages for Emergency Callouts.
• Variable from 8 to 10 hour daily shifts (between 7am to 5pm typical) some overtime may be required.
• Variable from Sunday through Saturday during irrigation season April through October and Monday through Friday November through March.
• Some emergency work may be required as needed during non-regular schedule.
Qualifications and Skills:
➢ 1+ years proven hands-on professional construction or maintenance person or prior related industry experience.
➢ 1+ years of experience in basic data entry in electronic applications and spreadsheets.
➢ Valid Colorado driver’s license with good driving abilities and acceptable driving record. A current valid CDL driver’s license is a plus.
➢ Detail-oriented, organized, consistent, dependable, and honest.
➢ Familiarity with GIS mapping is a plus.
➢ Analytical and mechanical mindset; good with numbers, mobile apps, and mechanisms.
➢ Fluent in communicating clearly and interacting with employees & customers.
Required Drug Screening; Pre-employment and random, background screening and Motor Vehicle report clearance per company insurance guidelines is mandatory.
TO APPLY: Download application and submit along with a resume to: email@example.com with “Ditch Rider Position” in the subject title, or mail to; RW&PC Office: 2216 S. Broadway, Grand Junction, CO 81507. You may call (970)243-2173 Mon.-Thur. 7:30 am to 5:00 pm for information.